According to ‘The Office of National Statistics’ 296, 093 companies were registered in the construction industry in 2016. Which made construction the fastest growing sector when compared with agriculture, services and production (the other three main sectors).
If you are an organisation within the construction industry and you are looking for ways to reduce administration time and costs, but also improve efficiency then you should consider an estimating software. A software which is accessible from any internet enabled device is ideal, it can then be accessed by all workers on-the-go.
Comprehensive features to look out for:
- Add all company information such as: company name, phone number, UTR, VAT number, business type, logo, contact details, address, social media URL’s
- All users are added on one system
- Clock in/out feature
- Create invoices
- Edit tax %
- Terms and Conditions built in for B2B contracts and B2C contracts
- Estimating sign-off feature
- Customise and send emails in Tradesoft to clients
- Contact book – with categories: clients, suppliers, specialist, lead categories
- Projects tab – add new project and view all previous projects
- Live chat – you can also view all previous chat history
- Built in calendar – view tasks/projects booked in, add tasks/projects in for a specific date, assign staff to a project, add plant/materials required for the task
- Materials – add all materials and stock onto the system, set low stock levels and reorder levels and receive notification warnings
- Plant/tools – you can’t overbook tools, if you have already booked a tool in for one job it won’t let you add it to another on the same day, schedule maintenance dates and then be notified with warnings, you can store certificates, photos and receipts of tools (great for speedy insurance pay-outs)
- Upload any media (pictures, documents, files) which are important to your business
- Finance – all financial information can be exported into excel for accounts purposes
Make your business more efficient with an estimating software which also offers a long list of other time-saving benefits. The right software will leave you with more time for lucrative business tasks and activities.